We have recently partnered with hydration specialists, Precision Hydration, to help our athletes understand the science behind good hydration and give them the tools they need to optimise a hydration strategy.
As an introduction, please see below some articles from them which will hopefully provide more background and information about what they can offer.
We are able to offer our clients a discounted rate on various products and services so please get in touch with MK Performance Coaching if you are interested.
- How to calculate your sweat rate to improve your hydration plan.
- How to estimate how much salt you lose in your sweat. Along with sweat rate, this is the other crucial part of the equation when trying to work out what and how much to drink.
- But just why is sodium so crucial to your performance?
- Suffer from cramp? PH outline the main causes of cramp and what you can do to avoid/alleviate them.
- Headaches, nausea, swelling, dizzyness when you’ve been sweating? You might have had a condition called hyponatremia. Here’s what that is and how to avoid it.
- How to START hydrated and why that’s so important. Thinking about what you do before an event could make a huge difference to your performance!
- How to rehydrate quickly and speed up your recovery
- Should you hydration strategy change as you get older?
- How much dehydration can you tolerate before your performance suffers?
- How to tell if you’re dehydrated.
- Heard the term Isotonic sports drink and not quite sure what it means? Learn about the different types of sports drinks and when to use them.
- Can you overdose on sports drink?!
- Does having clear pee mean you’re well hydrated?!
- Heard that “just drinking water to thirst” is enough for endurance athletes? Read this.
- A short history of sports drinks and the science behind them.